I’d like to recommend if you are leader in any sphere of life you consider reading LEADERSHIP PAIN by Samuel R Chand.
Here are a few take-aways to wet your appetite.
- You will grow to the threshold of your pain
- Early Christians understood their vocation as Jesus’ followers to include their own suffering…through it all people saw something they’d never seen before: Faith, Hope and Love. And millions were drawn to Christ.
- Our pain tells us that we are moving in the right direction.
- Pain is no evil unless it conquers us – Charles Kingsley
- Who’s holding your ladder? You’ll only climb as high as the quality and capacity of those who hold your ladder.
- Faith is not a substitute for wisdom.
- When you are born, you are like a key with no cuts in it. As you go through life, each wound, failure, hurt…cuts into that strip of metal. And one day there’s a click-your pain has formed the key that slips into the lock and opens your future – TD Jakes
- A life isn’t significant expect for its impact on other lives – Jackie Robinson