12 Actions of the Greats
1. Responsibility: spoke about this yesterday (see my notes)
2. Mindset: Desire for more is not evil. The greats have a strong belief system. Fear, self doubt, intimidation don’t cripple the greats. Godfidence. If you think I’ll never do that, you probably won’t.
Van Gogh only sold 2 paintings in his life time, but he kept painting. His brother bought the 2 paintings, today his paintings are worth millions. Don’t quit, don’t give up.
80% of success is in the mindset
3. Passion: Don’t ask what the world needs, ask what makes you come alive. Half heartedness is a certain guarantee of mediocrity. Passion issues from a fervent commitment to one’s cause. What you hate is a clue.
When you are doing what you love, what you love will reward you.
4. Imagination: People of greatness know how to think in innovative ways, creative ways. Imagination is a God thing, it’s not a new age thing. Seeing where you are going in the future. Little victories always lead to big successes.
5. Relationships: No one succeeds alone.
Joke: A friend will help you move a good friend friend will help you move a dead body.
6. Focus: You can do anything you can’t do everything. The reason people fail is broken focus. Your life follows your dominant thoughts. What you think about the longest becomes the strongest. Focus creates strength (Grandmother moves a car off of her Grandchild, true story USA)
7. Courage: Life shrinks or expands according to one’s courage. In church we would probably call this faith.
8. Persistence: too many people stop mid-stream. What do you do when the airplane hits turbulence? Hold your nerve.
9. Integrity: great people say what they mean, mean what they say.
11. Generosity: purpose to fulfil great commission.
Isaiah 61 spirit is on you
you have to be a giver
you are a deliverer
your words: words create doors,
don’t apologise, people are not against giving
don’t make statements like, ‘visitors you don’t need to give,’ its an opportunity.
Don’t rush it, don’t get people to stand up.
Don’t act like it’s painful.
Don’t ask unqualified people to take the offering.
Do talk about it, show appreciation,